Farm Chores

Farm Chores
Farm Chores, my favorite needle punch

I have recipes in these seven Gooseberry Patch cookbooks

I have recipes in these seven Gooseberry Patch cookbooks
I have recipes in these seven "Gooseberry Patch" cookbooks

Saturday, November 14, 2020

Pin Keep and apple cake

 Since I have retired from my school nurse job, I am having fun catching up on some crafting projects.

I finished a pin keep pattern by, Joyce Reed.


I live near an apple orchard so I love getting fresh apples and making apple pies and apple cakes.

I am sharing an apple cake recipe. I use 6 cups of apples instead of the 3 cups. I bake it in a 9" x 13"

pan at 350 degrees, for 45 minutes.






6 comments:

Prims By The Water said...

What a fun pin keep. Perfect for the Christmas season. Thanks for sharing your apple recipe. Looks good and I so love apples! Janice

TheCrankyCrow said...

LOVE the pinkeep!! Joyce has some sweet designs. I knew you stitched as in applique, sewing, etc., but don't remember you doing cross stitch. That apple cake looks yummy!! Reminds me of one my mom used to make...it was always a favorite among anyone who tasted it. Hope you're enjoying your weekend! ~Robin~

Rock River Stitches said...

Does that Apple Cake ever look so good! Thank you for sharing the recipe! You have been making some really cute craft items! You can learn so many things just by watching youtube!

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

OOOh..that cake looks yummy! Guess what I am making this weekend!? Hugs to ya girl

Lily Allen said...

that cake looks yummy!Thanks for share.
clipping path

Melisa- pinkernpunkinquilting said...

Your little pin keep is so adorable, Lecia. And the Apple Dapple Cake sounds yummy. I am going to have to try that recipe.Thank you for sharing. Hugs, Melisa

Jar with candle burning inside

Photobucket

Family

Family
Mom, dad and my three beautiful sisters

My Blog List

Blog Archive

About Me

It is hard to believe I have had my blog for 10 years. I am married to my sweetheart Ronnie for 40 years now. I have a son and daughter, a wonderful son in law and 4 wonderful grandchildren. I work two jobs. I am a full time school nurse at a wonderful country school and a part time hairdresser. I love all types of crafting. I love making primitive prairie bonnets, dolls, love wool applique, making wreaths and cross stitching.