Farm Chores

Farm Chores
Farm Chores, my favorite needle punch

I have recipes in these seven Gooseberry Patch cookbooks

I have recipes in these seven Gooseberry Patch cookbooks
I have recipes in these seven "Gooseberry Patch" cookbooks

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Soldier Doll

I have been wanting to make a primitive soldier. I found a pattern by "Bittersweet Susan".
The pattern has him as a setting soldier, but I decided to make him standing.
He is approx. 21" tall, his uniform is made from grey wool. He has buttons and rusty pins
down the front of his uniform and on his hat. The buttons have the appearance of buttons
from olden days. He has a beard made from raw sheep wool. He is heavily stained and has
a real belt around his waist. He is standing on an old piece of weatherboarding from our old farmhouse.
He is also holding a prim Americana flag.
I am asking $36.99 plus traveling fee if interested. Lecia123@verizon.net






3 comments:

Danice G said...

How cute and historical. The grey wool is so historically correct for a CSA soldier during the Civil War. Very good job you did on the creation :)

BumbleBeeLane said...

Oh my Lecia, he is just wonderful! I just can't belive how far you've come from bonnets. Warm Blessings! Amy

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Lecia so adorable ~ I would have a hard time letting that one go!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Jar with candle burning inside

Photobucket

Family

Family
Mom, dad and my three beautiful sisters

My Blog List

Blog Archive

About Me

It is hard to believe I have had my blog for 10 years. I am married to my sweetheart Ronnie for 40 years now. I have a son and daughter, a wonderful son in law and 4 wonderful grandchildren. I work two jobs. I am a full time school nurse at a wonderful country school and a part time hairdresser. I love all types of crafting. I love making primitive prairie bonnets, dolls, love wool applique, making wreaths and cross stitching.