Farm Chores

Farm Chores
Farm Chores, my favorite needle punch

I have recipes in these seven Gooseberry Patch cookbooks

I have recipes in these seven Gooseberry Patch cookbooks
I have recipes in these seven "Gooseberry Patch" cookbooks

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Spring Projects

Yesterday was another day off school due to high winds, power outages and downed trees. I am like a little kid and get excited getting a day off from school. I took advantage of the day and started on a Spring Wool applique. Called "Hop", by Buttermilk Basin. I have found a neat way to hold your wool applique pieces in place. I have been using a long arm stapler and it has been a life saver. I just staple all the pieces in place and when I take out the staples it doesn't leave any marks in the wool.
 I am hoping to get it all stitched so I can enjoy it by Easter.
 I am on a roll making deco mesh wreaths, they are so much fun. I used a working frame wreath for this one, a small frame has 12 ties,) I think I prefer the one with 18 ties better. The 12 tie wreath made the finished wreath approx. 20 inches, that is not counting the height of the bunny.
 I did the ruffle method, instead of cutting 3--10 inch pieces for each tie, I cut 30-inch pieces, so I only needed 12 ---30 inch pieces. It is so quick, Then I used I think 6 different types of ribbon, but you can use 2 or whatever you like. I cut them in 14 inch strips and dove tailed the ends. Most of the ribbon was just plain, but I think I do prefer the wired ribbon, because you can place it around better and it stays. My deco mesh jute was 10 inches wide. I ordered the bunny kit from etsy.
 I will attach pictures. Are you like me and thinking Spring???







2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Your projects are wonderful and that is a really beautiful and fun wreath.

Debbie

TheCrankyCrow said...

I love the new applique project! I picked up a new applique project as well...Hmmm...staples, huh? I use a very lightweight fuisble to hold mine in place....As long as it takes me to finish applique projects, my staples would probably rust LOL. Sweet, fun, wreath too.... I am SOOOO ready for spring! Happy Hump Day ~ Robin

Jar with candle burning inside

Photobucket

Family

Family
Mom, dad and my three beautiful sisters

My Blog List

Blog Archive

About Me

It is hard to believe I have had my blog for 10 years. I am married to my sweetheart Ronnie for 40 years now. I have a son and daughter, a wonderful son in law and 4 wonderful grandchildren. I work two jobs. I am a full time school nurse at a wonderful country school and a part time hairdresser. I love all types of crafting. I love making primitive prairie bonnets, dolls, love wool applique, making wreaths and cross stitching.