Farm Chores

Farm Chores
Farm Chores, my favorite needle punch

I have recipes in these seven Gooseberry Patch cookbooks

I have recipes in these seven Gooseberry Patch cookbooks
I have recipes in these seven "Gooseberry Patch" cookbooks

Monday, June 15, 2015

Graduation Celebration

This past weekend we went to WV to celebrate my daughters graduation from James Madison University. I am so proud of her, it has been a long journey going to school and raising a family.
She still has a year and a half to go, she is starting school at Mary Baldwin to finish her social work degree, so she is almost there. I can never thank the Lord enough for how he has touched her life.
She has overcome her eating disorder, she has an insulin pump, (you probably can't see it, but it is in her pocket and looks like a pager). She loves it and it controls her blood sugars so much better, and she is feeling well and happy! I am just so thankful! When she feels well she is just so bubbly and full of life.
 I invited my family and we had a big family cookout. We had such a wonderful time, the only thing,
my battery died in my camera, so I didn't get all the photo's that I wanted to. But I will share the ones I did get.
I love the conveniences of living in Va. being close to everything and my grandbabies.
But when I go to WV it is like another world, so laid back and peaceful.
 We are praying about what to do with that property. It is really hard taking care of both places,
plus the expense. I have a brainstorm of creating a website and renting it out for weekends and weeks of vacations. I really think people from DC and the city would just love it there, so peaceful and remote.
That way it would help pay for it, and also we could still enjoy it. Not sure what all I would
have to do to make this happen.
 I also want to show an Americana cross stitch that I recently finished. The pattern is by Joyce Reed,
she has several with the mammy and children. I just love mammies too.

Surprise Stephanie and Mat


Family, I am so blessed.

My parents and most of their clan.

We are putting the cards for Steph in an old picnic basket

Old building

Beautiful view of the mountains


The other side of the farmhouse


Little Bo

Another view

Just love these old buildings

Ronnie, Bo and me
Americana cross stitch

5 comments:

Margaret said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful time for your family! Maggie

My Colonial Home said...

Oh how wonderful - and congratulations to Stephanie...such wonderful achievements for a wife and mommy.
What a wonderful cross stitch.

And I think YOU SHOULD RENT the other place out - it shouldn't be too hard to get it started I would think...but the only other thing you might have to think about IF YOU DID RENT IT OUT is Insurance for a business like this in case a renter would get injured on the property...You might make your business an LLC business that will protect you from someone suing and taking your business - it keeps the business out of the law suit. Just a thought.
I'd love to rent it!!
Blessings
Karen

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Congratulations to Stephanie! So glad things are looking up for her.
I love your cross-stitch...I so want to get back to that sometime. There are many ole look samplers I would love to make and frame.
What a great idea for your WV property...hope we get to see it soon. The next few weeks will be busy with Chris traveling for work, but maybe August??

Cindi said...

Hi Lecia, it is great to see a post from you! How amazing that your daughter is doing so well. Hard work getting a degree AND being a mom! Congrats to her.
Your cross stitch is so cute, you are doing really well with it, an old pro now!
Have a great week!
Be blessed,
Cindi

Jessica said...

Congrats to Stephanie and I'm so glad to hear how happy she is and that things are looking up for her!

I haven't been to WV but I sometimes dream of moving there and buying a farm so we can raise chickens, goats and a milk cow. Your farm is so beautiful and I love your idea to rent it out for weekends/vacations! I hope that is something you can work out doing. (Definitely check into LLC like Karen mentioned.)

Beautiful cross stitching. I have some of Joyce's freebies but I haven't stitched any of them yet. I haven't stitched much at all this year actually.

I hope you are having a beautiful day Lecia! ((hugs))

Jar with candle burning inside

Photobucket

Family

Family
Mom, dad and my three beautiful sisters

My Blog List

Blog Archive

About Me

It is hard to believe I have had my blog for 10 years. I am married to my sweetheart Ronnie for 40 years now. I have a son and daughter, a wonderful son in law and 4 wonderful grandchildren. I work two jobs. I am a full time school nurse at a wonderful country school and a part time hairdresser. I love all types of crafting. I love making primitive prairie bonnets, dolls, love wool applique, making wreaths and cross stitching.