Farm Chores

Farm Chores
Farm Chores, my favorite needle punch

I have recipes in these seven Gooseberry Patch cookbooks

I have recipes in these seven Gooseberry Patch cookbooks
I have recipes in these seven "Gooseberry Patch" cookbooks

Friday, May 1, 2015

The Love Letters

I am a book reviewer for Bethany House. I am given a book to read and my only requirement is that
I give an honest review of the book. As you know I love amish books and am especially fond of Beverely Lewis. I read her book, "The Love Letters". What an awesome book, it was one of those books that I was unable to put down and didn't want to end.
 The story takes place in 1966. Marlena Wenger is a young Old Order Mennonite girl who
goes to spend the summer with her recently widowed grandmother. Shortly after arriving she
learns that her sister, (who had broken away from the amish faith), was in a car and her husband
is away at war.
 The couple have a baby girl and someone is needed to take care of the little girl until her mom is well, Marlena thinks that this will probably only be for a few weeks at the most.
Marlena also is miles away from her Old Order Amish Mennonite beau and hopes to return to him shortly.
 The story also centers around Marlena's Grandmothers neighbors who are Amish. They have
a handicap son who becomes friends with a homeless man who has dementia.
The homeless man treats "Little Jay" with respect and overlooks his handicap. They develop
a bond with each other that will touch your heart.
 This book is one of those books that you never want to put down. It will make you laugh and it will make you cry. I recommend this book highly! A must read for the Amish lover!!!!


3 comments:

Christine said...

Sounds like a fantastic story! Just the kind I love! Thanks so much!

Janet said...

Hi Lecia, sounds like a good story. :) When we lived in Rawlins, Wyoming we went to a little store that a group of Mennonite people owned. We would mostly go there to get lunch. They made up fresh soup and sandwiches. Yummmmmy :)

I hope you have a great week my friend.
Take care, Janet W

Denise * KKL Primitives said...

This sounds like a book I'd like to read. Thanks for sharing your review! :)

Jar with candle burning inside

Photobucket

Family

Family
Mom, dad and my three beautiful sisters

My Blog List

Blog Archive

About Me

It is hard to believe I have had my blog for 10 years. I am married to my sweetheart Ronnie for 40 years now. I have a son and daughter, a wonderful son in law and 4 wonderful grandchildren. I work two jobs. I am a full time school nurse at a wonderful country school and a part time hairdresser. I love all types of crafting. I love making primitive prairie bonnets, dolls, love wool applique, making wreaths and cross stitching.