Farm Chores

Farm Chores
Farm Chores, my favorite needle punch

I have recipes in these seven Gooseberry Patch cookbooks

I have recipes in these seven Gooseberry Patch cookbooks
I have recipes in these seven "Gooseberry Patch" cookbooks

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Miracle in a Dry Season

I am a book reviewer for "Bethany House". I am given a book to read, and my only
requirement is to give an honest review.

My book this month was "Miracle in a Dry Season", by Sara Loudin Thomas.
It had to be one of the best books that I have ever read in a long time.
It is one of those books that you read and you feel like you are right there with the
characters.

I especially loved the book since I grew up in WV.
 The story takes place in 1954 in a small town in Wise, WV. Perla Long and her daughter Sadie
move to Wise so that they can be hidden from Perla's past.

Casewell Phillips is satisfied being a bachelor until he meets Perla. but can he get past
Perla's past.

The town experiences a severe drought. Perla has unique gifts. But her gifts divide the town.
Is there any hope for Perla and Casewell in a town where so many people reject her?
This is a story of faith, forgiveness and fear. I recommend this book highly!!!




1 comment:

Trace4J said...

Morning
Thank you for sharing.
I love to read and to find a good book is wonderful.
Love your beautiful pinkeeps to friend.
Woolie Hugs

Jar with candle burning inside

Photobucket

Family

Family
Mom, dad and my three beautiful sisters

My Blog List

Blog Archive

About Me

It is hard to believe I have had my blog for 10 years. I am married to my sweetheart Ronnie for 40 years now. I have a son and daughter, a wonderful son in law and 4 wonderful grandchildren. I work two jobs. I am a full time school nurse at a wonderful country school and a part time hairdresser. I love all types of crafting. I love making primitive prairie bonnets, dolls, love wool applique, making wreaths and cross stitching.