Farm Chores

Farm Chores
Farm Chores, my favorite needle punch

I have recipes in these seven Gooseberry Patch cookbooks

I have recipes in these seven Gooseberry Patch cookbooks
I have recipes in these seven "Gooseberry Patch" cookbooks

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Old School House Reunion

One thing I love about summer is reunions, I love visiting with people and going around a big
table of food and trying all the different dishes. A few weeks ago I was able to attend my fathers school reunion. It is a little two room school. It is now a museum and is open a few times a year for
people to go into and look around. It reminds me of Little House on the Prairie.I feel like I am going
back in time whenever I walk into the old school house. I think about all the little children that got their education in this little school My father was five years old when he started school there.
The reunion is every two years. I will share some photo's of our day of fun there. I especially love
the little cubby where the childrens water glasses were kept, old snuff glasses, two still remain with names on them.



Love the old floor, the desks and blackboard.

Some of the school books.

Old water pitcher and cubby that held the childrens water glasses.

School items, look on the bottom shelf at the huge paddle,

Love the black board.

Love this old desk, bench and books

School bell and old book

Old lunch pails, and metal sirup bucket and book shelf

6 comments:

Raymond Homestead said...

What a cute little school house, it does remind you of Little House on the Prairie!

Lynn said...

Wow, what a neat place and all the more special because your Dad went to school there. Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Lynn

Friendship Crossing said...

I love the history of that old school house and it looks like Little House could have been filmed in there!
So cool that your Dad went there and what fun memories for him!

Blessings,
Tanya

Shirlee said...

What fun! When I lived in North Dakota (1991-99) one of my friends lived in a rural area & her children went to school in a one-room schoolhouse. Very cool : )

Prims By The Water said...

What a nice old schoolhouse. There is one at the museum in the town my mom lives where we have visited. So love that blackboard. My dad actually went to one and actually had to walk a mile each way. TFS. Janice

Deb said...

How wonderful that you can visit this wonderful old building where your Dad went to school! Wonderful memories and treasures there, thanks for sharing Lecia!

Jar with candle burning inside

Photobucket

Family

Family
Mom, dad and my three beautiful sisters

My Blog List

Blog Archive

About Me

It is hard to believe I have had my blog for 10 years. I am married to my sweetheart Ronnie for 40 years now. I have a son and daughter, a wonderful son in law and 4 wonderful grandchildren. I work two jobs. I am a full time school nurse at a wonderful country school and a part time hairdresser. I love all types of crafting. I love making primitive prairie bonnets, dolls, love wool applique, making wreaths and cross stitching.