Farm Chores

Farm Chores
Farm Chores, my favorite needle punch

I have recipes in these seven Gooseberry Patch cookbooks

I have recipes in these seven Gooseberry Patch cookbooks
I have recipes in these seven "Gooseberry Patch" cookbooks

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Making some quilt progress

As you know I have been working on a quilt from all of my leftover crafting scraps.
First I cut out 500 -5" squares, then I sewed them into 56 --9 patch squares, then I
made each square into the "disappearing 9 patch"  pattern. I finally have all 56 squares completed.
Next I  need to make all of my squares the same size and then I can sew them together.
I can now see why people charge so much for quilts, they are time consuming for sure.
But I am excited to finally see it coming together.
  I thought what can I do to make sure all of my quilt squares are even. I had a brain storm
to go to my local hardware store and have them cut me a piece of plexi glass, it works perfectly.
I just go around each square with my rotary cutter and cut off where needed.
Now to match up the squares so the colors will blend together. I think sewing them all together
will be the fun part, to really see my quilt come together. All I can say is a work in progress, more to come.

My plexi glass square, works perfectly.

some of my squares
Kinda reminds me of Joseph's Coat of many colors.

And to think so far it is all made from scraps.



5 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Morning, so beautiful, love those colours, Blessings Francine.

Deb said...

Now aren't you the smart cookie to think of the plexiglass template?! I think you should patent that idea :O) Looking wonderful Lecia, my mind is still boggled about how many squares you have cut out!

Shirlee said...

Wonderful! I can't wait to try this myself : )

Friendship Crossing said...

Aren't you just the clever one w/the plexi-glass idea?? I'm sure many quilters will be ordering theirs from here on out! :))
Your quilt looks amazing my friend and so scrappy! The hard work is really paying off, can't wait to see it all sewn together!

Big warm hugs,
Tanya

prims by olde lady morgan said...

I am so far behind in my reading, i will never catch up... but I saw this, and look at you... You said you couldn't' create when we first met... Now look at you go!!!! YEAH!!! So much hidden talent! OLM

Jar with candle burning inside

Photobucket

Family

Family
Mom, dad and my three beautiful sisters

My Blog List

Blog Archive

About Me

It is hard to believe I have had my blog for 10 years. I am married to my sweetheart Ronnie for 40 years now. I have a son and daughter, a wonderful son in law and 4 wonderful grandchildren. I work two jobs. I am a full time school nurse at a wonderful country school and a part time hairdresser. I love all types of crafting. I love making primitive prairie bonnets, dolls, love wool applique, making wreaths and cross stitching.