Farm Chores

Farm Chores
Farm Chores, my favorite needle punch

I have recipes in these seven Gooseberry Patch cookbooks

I have recipes in these seven Gooseberry Patch cookbooks
I have recipes in these seven "Gooseberry Patch" cookbooks

Monday, May 27, 2013

Some Americana

Today I am thinking of all of the wonderful men and women who have served this great country
so that I can enjoy my freedom. My husband was in the army and my father was in the marines,
so the veterans have an extra special place in my heart. My son, Luke was born in a military hospital,
Fort Belvoir, Va.
Wishing everyone a wonderful and safe holiday, we are having a family cookout with my children and
grandchildren. Take time to think about what today really means and  be thankful that we live in
the wonderful USA.
I will share a few pictures of some of my Americana things,
















9 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Morning Lecia, prim perfect tribute....love all your goodies, looks wonderful........We must never forget , Francine.

BumbleBeeLane said...

Happy Memorial Day!~Amy

Sheila said...

We are blessed to live in the US and thank your dear hubby and dad for me!
Your Patriotic displays are wonderful Lecia. Did you make some of the dolls? I hope everyone has a great day together!
hugs and blessings,
Sheila

Penny said...

Love all your Americana decos.... Hope you have a happy day with your family.... our's will be a quiet gathering with our family, as well....

Trace4J said...

Happy Memorial Day!
Love your Americana treasures.
Woolie Blessings

~Sara said...

Wonderful Americana decor! Hope that you had a wonderful day with family. Blessings~Sara

Cindi said...

Great post Lecia, I love your displays! I especially love that Betsy Ross doll holding the star! Hope you have a great week!
Be blessed,
Cindi

Raymond Homestead said...

Thanks for sharing, I don't have very many Americana things.

My Colonial Home said...

Beautiful decorations Lecia - so very festive.
Karen

Jar with candle burning inside

Photobucket

Family

Family
Mom, dad and my three beautiful sisters

My Blog List

Blog Archive

About Me

It is hard to believe I have had my blog for 10 years. I am married to my sweetheart Ronnie for 40 years now. I have a son and daughter, a wonderful son in law and 4 wonderful grandchildren. I work two jobs. I am a full time school nurse at a wonderful country school and a part time hairdresser. I love all types of crafting. I love making primitive prairie bonnets, dolls, love wool applique, making wreaths and cross stitching.