Farm Chores

Farm Chores
Farm Chores, my favorite needle punch

I have recipes in these seven Gooseberry Patch cookbooks

I have recipes in these seven Gooseberry Patch cookbooks
I have recipes in these seven "Gooseberry Patch" cookbooks

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Flowers I planted today!

I love Spring, everything is blooming and so green. I especially love going to greenhouses. We
are so fortunate in the area where I live to have several greenhouses. One of my favorites is owned by
a young mennonite family. They have such beautiful things and work so hard. I think one reason I love going
there is that they have 5 young children and they come and talk to me. The mom looks like a teenager,
and has 4 daughters and the last one is a boy, they are like stairsteps, all young. They are so adorable.

Today they had their open house, they have door prizes and grilled hotdogs with her homemade garden relish and all kinds of different baked cookies, the little girls just love waiting on me and they always tell me that they helped bake the cookies.

I will share some of the flowers that I got and planted today, I especially like making mini flower gardens
and putting different flowers together.
I can't wait to see them grow. Wishing you a lovely day and beautiful Spring.

New Wiskey Barrell planter, I can't lift it on my deck,


Old Enamel pan

Old Coal bucket

Love million bells and dragon wing begonias

Chair and wash tub

7 comments:

BumbleBeeLane said...

Always wonderful to play in the dirt..smile...Glad your mom is doing well.Warm Blessings-Amy

Sheila said...

Looks like a beautiful day! Can't wait to head to the greenhouse's and pick up some pretties. Maybe next week I'll have a chance.......my little helper is coming to stay for the week. He has experience in that department!
Have a great weekend.
hugs,
Sheila

Mary said...

Everything looks wonderful Lecia, I agree with Amy nothing better than to be able to play in the dirt and then sit back and watch them grow. I am looking forward to just be able to sit out on my deck in the morning and have my coffee out there, while watching all the little birds and listening o them chirpping.......
Hugs Mary

Raymond Homestead said...

Sounds like a place I would enjoy going too. Pretty flowers!

busybee said...

I used to visit an Amish greenhouse we had nearby. It was my favorite. They have since moved on but I really miss their farm and their kids and animals as well. I enjoyed your flowers. It rained the past two weekends here so maybe next weekend. :)

Prims By The Water said...

Pretty flowers! Cannot wait to plant some around here. Janice

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

I think spring has finally arrived here. Can't wait to go find some hanging baskets filled with blooms!
Beautiful flowers Lecia!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Jar with candle burning inside

Photobucket

Family

Family
Mom, dad and my three beautiful sisters

My Blog List

Blog Archive

About Me

It is hard to believe I have had my blog for 10 years. I am married to my sweetheart Ronnie for 40 years now. I have a son and daughter, a wonderful son in law and 4 wonderful grandchildren. I work two jobs. I am a full time school nurse at a wonderful country school and a part time hairdresser. I love all types of crafting. I love making primitive prairie bonnets, dolls, love wool applique, making wreaths and cross stitching.