Farm Chores

Farm Chores
Farm Chores, my favorite needle punch

I have recipes in these seven Gooseberry Patch cookbooks

I have recipes in these seven Gooseberry Patch cookbooks
I have recipes in these seven "Gooseberry Patch" cookbooks

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Weekend Getaway









 This weekend one of my friends and I spent the weekend at our farmhouse in WV.

We just relaxed, went to a few thrift and antique shops and rode around in the country

and just enjoyed  the beauty of the fall season. We also talked and  laughed alot.

It was a real nice girls weekend.   I also worked on a pennyrug, the pattern

I used was from Karen, "My Colonial Home" .  I love her patterns.  The pattern didn't call

for buttons, but I decided to add them to the tree. Love how it turned out.

9 comments:

Raymond Homestead said...

Such pretty Autumn views! Good picture of you and your friend!

Angela said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend for you and your friend. Such a beautiful place, so peaceful and the scenery full of color. Love the penny rug. You must feed relaxed and full of fresh memories from the weekend. Ready to face the week all refreshed. Great photo of you and your friend.
Angela

Sheila said...

Lecia what a beautiful picture of you and your friend and the view of the area from your farmhouse. I would find it hard to leave once there, it looks so relaxing. Sounds like a fun weekend you two had and I love the new penny rug!
hugs,
Sheila

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Beautiful fall pics ~ I could never tire at all the wonderful colors of fall.
Love your penny rug!
Happy Autumn Days to You!
Prim Blessings
Robin

BumbleBeeLane said...

Such a beautiful area.Girlfriend time is always special.Your penny turned out lovely.Warm Blessings!~Amy

annie said...

those are very pretty pictures! Just love the mountains!
I bet the farmhouse journey was wonderful, good for you both! The school sure is in good repair! Karen does have wonderful patterns, yours came out wonderful!

Carole Burant said...

Oh how I wish I could have joined you gals at the farmhouse, it all looks so peaceful and relaxing. I love it that your dad's old 2 room schoolhouse still stands today, too many are torn down these days.

Love the penny rug you made, it's darling! xo

Trace4J said...

Morning Friend
What a beautiful fun weekend for you and your friend.
Nothing like new treasured memories.
Love your prim penny rug.
And ya know I love buttons.
Fall Blessings to you
Trace


www.grannytracescrapsandsquares.com

Anonymous said...

WV is my home state.

Pamela
Michigan

Jar with candle burning inside

Photobucket

Family

Family
Mom, dad and my three beautiful sisters

My Blog List

Blog Archive

About Me

It is hard to believe I have had my blog for 10 years. I am married to my sweetheart Ronnie for 40 years now. I have a son and daughter, a wonderful son in law and 4 wonderful grandchildren. I work two jobs. I am a full time school nurse at a wonderful country school and a part time hairdresser. I love all types of crafting. I love making primitive prairie bonnets, dolls, love wool applique, making wreaths and cross stitching.