Farm Chores

Farm Chores
Farm Chores, my favorite needle punch

I have recipes in these seven Gooseberry Patch cookbooks

I have recipes in these seven Gooseberry Patch cookbooks
I have recipes in these seven "Gooseberry Patch" cookbooks

Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas to all of my Friends!!!

  I want to wish all of my blogger friends a very Merry Christmas!!! And I hope we all stop and realize the true meaning of Christmas. Let us all rem. a person who is alone this Christmas ,the homeless, our service men and woman,  those less fortunate than us, and our friends that have lost loved ones this past year .Christmas can be a lonely time for many people.

  Some of my best Christmas memories was at church when I was a little girl. We would go Christmas Caroling and would fix up goodies boxes of cookies, candy and fruit and take to shut in's.
  Then we would have a Christmas program at church, put on by the children and youth. We would practice and practice, you would think it was some sort of Broadway production.
  We would always have a nativity scene and would celebrate Jesus' births.

  There were 5 children in my family, mom would bake and bake, we sure had alot of special baked goodies.
We would usually receive one toy and a flannel night gown, us sisters would priss around like a bunch of princesses in our new nightgowns. And my brother the King in his new PJ's.
   Daddy would string up one string of lights over our front porch, we would go out to the end of our lane and awe over the specticular display of lights. He He We were up and down all night long looking to see if Santa had arrived!!

   You will get a laugh out of this but we had lots of animals since we lived on a farm. us kids would go out on Christmas Eve. and sing songs to the animals. They actually would be quiet and look at us. (Probably half scared to death). He He

   But I do want to take this time to wish all my blogger friend a Merry Christmas, and am so thankful that you are a part of my life. And may each of us  take time to remember that Christmas is Jesus' Birthday!!!

7 comments:

BumbleBeeLane said...

Sweetie~ I loved your memories! We always got new pj's christmas eve too.Have a nice relaxing day tomorrow with hubby.Enjoy your gathering tonite.I'm starting my food for today now.Merry Christmas my prim friend! Warm Blessings!~Amy

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas (:

prims by olde lady morgan said...

Lecia, I wish for you and your family a VERY Merry Christmas, thank you my prim friend!!! OLM

Ladybug said...

Merry Christmas My Prim Sweet Friend, Love you
Christmas Post, Memories of the past are so
percious... Thanks for sharing your thoughts

Enjoy.... Lots of Hugs
Trish

Anonymous said...

Thank you Lecia for reminding us of the true meaning of Christmas. I enjoyed hearing your Christmas memory! Hope you and your whole family have a warm and blessed Christmas.
Hugs,

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Beautiful post, Lecia! Your message is what it is all about.

Blessing to you and your family in 2011.

Hugs, Carolyn

Angie Berry ~ Berry Homespun Primitives said...

What cute memories Lecia! I have fond memories of those church programs too. I'm so glad my kids now participate in them. Yes, let us all remember what Christmas is all about!

Jar with candle burning inside

Photobucket

Family

Family
Mom, dad and my three beautiful sisters

My Blog List

Blog Archive

About Me

It is hard to believe I have had my blog for 10 years. I am married to my sweetheart Ronnie for 40 years now. I have a son and daughter, a wonderful son in law and 4 wonderful grandchildren. I work two jobs. I am a full time school nurse at a wonderful country school and a part time hairdresser. I love all types of crafting. I love making primitive prairie bonnets, dolls, love wool applique, making wreaths and cross stitching.