I am honored to be participating in Ravenwood Whimzies 12 Days of Christmas Blog hop.
Believe me there are so many awesome crafters each day that you won't want to miss a day.
I would like to welcome you to Day number 1.
So I would like to share with you how to make a 10 minute table runner. I wanted to do an easy
tutorial that even the beginning crafter would be able to do.
First you need 1/3rd. yard of fabric, that will be your theme print, then you will need 1/2yard
of coordinating print.
1) cut fabric to size
2) Place right sides together, Stitch long (crosswise grain) edges 1/2" seam
3) Press seam away from the center fabric.
4) Turn fabric to the right side.
5) Lay flat on ironing board and press so that the theme print is bordered evenly on long sides with
the coordinating print.
7) Fold fabric in half lengthwise with theme print out. Stitch 1/2 " seam on both short ends,
10) Photo below, Top stitch edge or add a decorative button on the edge of the short seam
to secure in pace or top stitch edge to keep fabric secure.
Next I want to share one of my all time favorite cookie recipes, My mom made these when I was a child, they were always my dads favorite cookies.
2 sticks butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
2 cups finely chopped nuts
Cream butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Mix flour and salt and add to creamed mixture
mixing throughly. Add nuts and mix well.
Shape into 1" balls and place on baking sheet.
Place in slow oven 325 degrees, 20 minutes. Do not brown, Cool, roll in powdered sugar.
Makes approx, 6 doz.
I have enjoyed being a part of this 12 Days of Christmas blog hop and hope you enjoyed Day number one. Merry Christmas from my heart to yours!!!
Now I can't wait until day number 2!!!!!