Farm Chores

Farm Chores
Farm Chores, my favorite needle punch

I have recipes in these seven Gooseberry Patch cookbooks

I have recipes in these seven Gooseberry Patch cookbooks
I have recipes in these seven "Gooseberry Patch" cookbooks

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Book Review

I was given the book "The Photograph" by Bethany House for an honest book review.
 The book centers around three sisters Eva, Frona and Lily. Lily disappears months after her
mothers passing. Leaving her sisters Eva and Frona at home alone. And to make matters worse
Eva and Frona will have to relocate because their brother Menno will be taking over the farmhouse.
 Jed Stultzman, an Amish buggy maker from Ohio shows up in Eden Valley with a photo of a Plain Amish woman.
 He has questions as to why a devout amish girl would have her picture taken.
 Jed and Eva run into each other at a farm sale. Jed is stunned, could Eva be the girl in the photo. How can he find out and why would an amish girl have her photo taken? You will have to read the book to find out. Beverly Lewis is one of my favorite amish authors. But I have to say I was rather disappointed in this book, I just couldn't get into it.
  It just seemed like the plot was stuck in one spot for such a long time.
 It was an alright story, but not one of Beverly Lewis's best.


1 comment:

Friendship Crossing said...

I have this same book to review but have had no time to read lately! Thanks for the heads-up.
I really miss being in blogland and seeing what all my dear blogger buddies are up to.
Hope all is well w/you Lecia!

Hugs,
Tanya

Jar with candle burning inside

Photobucket

Family

Family
Mom, dad and my three beautiful sisters

My Blog List

Blog Archive

About Me

It is hard to believe I have had my blog for 10 years. I am married to my sweetheart Ronnie for 40 years now. I have a son and daughter, a wonderful son in law and 4 wonderful grandchildren. I work two jobs. I am a full time school nurse at a wonderful country school and a part time hairdresser. I love all types of crafting. I love making primitive prairie bonnets, dolls, love wool applique, making wreaths and cross stitching.