Farm Chores

Farm Chores
Farm Chores, my favorite needle punch

I have recipes in these seven Gooseberry Patch cookbooks

I have recipes in these seven Gooseberry Patch cookbooks
I have recipes in these seven "Gooseberry Patch" cookbooks

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

First Annual Cookie Bake and Pajama Party!

This past weekend my sisters, two of my nieces, my friend Shelia and myself went to our farmhouse in WV for
a girls weekend. We watched Christmas movies, baked cookies, went out to eat and just laughed and had a wonderful time. I will share some photo's. I knew Stephanie couldn't come because she wasn't feeling well, she thought she had the flu like my grandson. She wasn't aware that the tubing at her site for her insulin pump had become occluded. She became deathly sick and was admitted to the hospital for a 3 day stay. She made my SIL and her dad promise to not tell me because she didn't want our PJ party to be messed up. As much as I had fun, I would have rather been with my daughter. I am glad she is feeling alot better, and improving. Please pray for a cure for type 1 diabetics, it is a horrible disease, and the holidays can be hard with all of the Sweets around to tempt them.

Almost Heaven WV


My sister Lena and niece Hillary


My niece Emily and sister Annable

My friend Shelia

My sister Lina arriving

Oh Christmas tree, my $3 tree

The girls

Canned food from Lena's graden

Us girls in our PJ's

I love these girls!

Me and my sisters
Hillary and Lena

Annabel, Emily and Lina
Magic bars

cornflake and chocolate chip cookies

Monster cookies



8 comments:

Christine said...

Such a wonderful family tradition that looks like so much fun!
So sorry to hear of Stephanie's illness and I know from friends how hard a disease it is to live with.
Have a blessed Christmas Lecia!
Christine

Shirlee said...

Oh what fun it is to read your blog post on this day! Hey! Hee-hee-hee ... catch the song lyrics bending there : ) I am very sorry to read about your daughter though. Thankfully she is on the mend & hopefully this will never, ever happen again! Very scary! The weekend really looks like it was a blast before you knew what had been going on behind the scenes though. So glad you had such a fabulous getaway! I'm jealous : )

Friendship Crossing said...

I'm so jealous!! LOL it looks like you all had a blast!!
Hugs,
Tanya

Friendship Crossing said...

I meant to say I sure hope your daughter feels better real soon and how sweet of her that she didn't want to spoil your pj party!
I will keep her in my prayers!

Tanya

Earlene said...

What a blast!!!!!! Looks like a nice place and all to yourselves. Sounds like a wonderful weekend.
Sorry to hear about your daughter and you know I am always praying for a cure. My granddaughter has a hard time to during the holidays with her type 1. At least we found out she doesn't have sleep apnea.

(((Hugs)))
Earlene

Wendy @ Ravenwood Whimzies said...

Oh my Lecia - how terrible..I am so glad she is feeling better now. I'll continue to pray for her dear. Love seeing your pictures of your girlie time! Must have been fun.

BumbleBeeLane said...

Sorry to hear about your daughter. She is a sweetie knowing her mamma would be right there but didn't want to spoil your special time.Sending up a prayer for a quick recovery. Oh my the girls cookie bash sounds sooo fun! Warm Blessings!~Amy

Trace4J said...

Praying for your dear daughter.
What a sweetie.
SO much fun and new memories.
Merry Christmas

Jar with candle burning inside

Photobucket

Family

Family
Mom, dad and my three beautiful sisters

My Blog List

Blog Archive

About Me

It is hard to believe I have had my blog for 10 years. I am married to my sweetheart Ronnie for 40 years now. I have a son and daughter, a wonderful son in law and 4 wonderful grandchildren. I work two jobs. I am a full time school nurse at a wonderful country school and a part time hairdresser. I love all types of crafting. I love making primitive prairie bonnets, dolls, love wool applique, making wreaths and cross stitching.