Farm Chores

Farm Chores
Farm Chores, my favorite needle punch

I have recipes in these seven Gooseberry Patch cookbooks

I have recipes in these seven Gooseberry Patch cookbooks
I have recipes in these seven "Gooseberry Patch" cookbooks

Sunday, May 25, 2014

A wonderful visit and painted kitchen cabinets.





I hope everyone is enjoying your Memorial Day weekend and remembering the true reason that we
are celebrating Memorial Day. It is a day to remember our men and women of the armed forces that
have given their lives so that we can live in freedom in this wonderful country!
  My husband has an uncle that came for a visit from Washington State, we had a cookout and
enjoyed laughing and talking with him. His name is Nathan Everett, he has written several books and is going to have another book published this summer. He writes alot of mysteries.

My daughter Steph and niece Chanel

Ronnie, Uncle Nathan, my BIL Keith and my son Luke
There are many things I would love to do to our house, but with two properties that we take care of
we can't do any extensive remodeling at this time.
 So my remodeling usually consists of painting.
 I have painted my kitchen cabinets 3 times in the last several years, the last time I painted them
I painted them black. I liked the black, but was ready for something different. So I decided to paint them "Homestead Resort Olive". I was going to do the painting by myself but my hubby said no way, was he going to let me do it all by myself. He told me that Mother's Day wasn't over yet and that
he was going to continue with the celebration! I love that man! Tomorrow we will have a small
cookout with our kids and grandkids and make homemade ice cream with an old woodend crank ice cream maker.
My kitchen is small and L-shaped so I have to take several photo's so that you can see the whole kitchen.

This is when I tried to distress my cabinets and before our new flooring.

I had to take these photo's from FB, since I lost all of my photo's on my computer awhile back.
Love the green, it is valspar paint, called "Homestead Resort Olive"

Love my bunting flag over my sink.



My kitchen is small but I love my big kitchen sink.


Love decorating my hoosier for the different holidays.

1 comment:

Danice G said...

The green is very pretty. It looks so nice. That bunting flag is very patriotic. Where did you get that?

Jar with candle burning inside

Photobucket

Family

Family
Mom, dad and my three beautiful sisters

My Blog List

Blog Archive

About Me

It is hard to believe I have had my blog for 10 years. I am married to my sweetheart Ronnie for 40 years now. I have a son and daughter, a wonderful son in law and 4 wonderful grandchildren. I work two jobs. I am a full time school nurse at a wonderful country school and a part time hairdresser. I love all types of crafting. I love making primitive prairie bonnets, dolls, love wool applique, making wreaths and cross stitching.