Farm Chores

Farm Chores
Farm Chores, my favorite needle punch

I have recipes in these seven Gooseberry Patch cookbooks

I have recipes in these seven Gooseberry Patch cookbooks
I have recipes in these seven "Gooseberry Patch" cookbooks

Monday, April 14, 2014

A few auction finds

My husband works alot of Sat. but he was off this past Sat. The weather was lovely, so we decided
to go to an estate sale. We used to go to them all the time, but rarely go anymore. I had forgotten
how much fun they are and how much fun it was to get out and enjoy a day together.
We bought a few treasures. There was several old quilts made out of
feed sack fabric, we had bidded on several of them, but unfortunately we weren't the high bidder.
But I did get an old cookbook that I have wanted for a while and old pair of glasses and some old postcards and an old razer,  a few treasures.


For the last several years I have bought a container with tulips, they grow in water, the roots are in water. I will show a photo now and then when they bloom.

My Grandson Jake after a tee ball game

My dog Bo after his bath, can you notice his Easter Bandana

8 comments:

Primitive Stars said...

Evening, love your finds, that jar is great....sweet Grandbabe and love your sweet dog Bo, Hugs Francine.

jennifer768 said...

A great way to spend the day.Lovely finds,really like the cookbook.Jake is a cutie and Bo looks splendid with his Easter bandana.Have a wonderful evening.Blessings,Jen

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

Awesome finds Lecia ~ Love the glasses and the vintage postcards ~ oh heck I Love everything you found!!! I've never seen tulips like that ~ can't wait to see them blooming ~ truly Spring!!!
Jake is a cutie!!! I can't believe they are playing ball already.
Bo is adorable!
I was starting to look like Spring around here until this morning when I woke up to snow.
Take care!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Cindi said...

Hi Sweetie! Your grandson is so darn cute! I love that he even has a grass/dirt stain on his pants..that means he played hard! Yippie!
Glad you enjoyed your day at the estate sale with your hubby! Nice finds!
Be blessed,
Cindi

Firecracker Kid said...

Aww, Jake looks tired and Bo looks a little shy, but both are adorable.
Oh cool, a Mennonite cookbook! Wait, do they cook as well as the Amish?
I don't have a green thumb, but I wonder if I could keep those tulips alive. I so love live flowers.
Hugs~Carol

Friendship Crossing said...

Ok, so I'm so jealous of your finds ~ esp. the cookbook ~ I am a collector too! Tulips are one of my favorite flowers!!
Adorable grandson and gorgeous doggie!!

My hubby & I took a drive on Sun. afternoon! It was a gorgeous wkend!!

Hugs,
Tanya

Shirlee said...

Really wonderful finds! I haven't gone to an estate sale in years. Maybe I'll try to talk John into going sometime : )

Deb said...

Lovely finds Lecia, bet there are some wonderful recipes in that cook book! Jake is a very handsome guy and Bo looks so cute, love his bandana!

Jar with candle burning inside

Photobucket

Family

Family
Mom, dad and my three beautiful sisters

My Blog List

Blog Archive

About Me

It is hard to believe I have had my blog for 10 years. I am married to my sweetheart Ronnie for 40 years now. I have a son and daughter, a wonderful son in law and 4 wonderful grandchildren. I work two jobs. I am a full time school nurse at a wonderful country school and a part time hairdresser. I love all types of crafting. I love making primitive prairie bonnets, dolls, love wool applique, making wreaths and cross stitching.