Farm Chores

Farm Chores
Farm Chores, my favorite needle punch

I have recipes in these seven Gooseberry Patch cookbooks

I have recipes in these seven Gooseberry Patch cookbooks
I have recipes in these seven "Gooseberry Patch" cookbooks

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

New Curtains instructions

 I am getting so many inquiries about my curtains. I guess I could make them and sell them , but I will share my pattern with everyone. Anyway, I like helping others. I bought some off ebay, I think for $25 a curtain, well it is nothing to them. This curtain, I made for probably $4.00 I think it took me 2 1/2 yds of material.I will try to explain, cut each panel approx. 28" x40" (I have large windows). When cutting out the panels be careful how you cut them, if you have the material on top of each other place both printed sides facing each other, because they meet in the middle from opposite directions. You don't want both panels to be cut the same way.


Then approx. 22" from the inside start cutting almost like you are taking out a triangle piece to meet the bottom outside corner. Hem all away around the curtain. On the top make approx. 2 1/2" open for a curtain rod to go through.

I actually bought this material to match some curtains that I have in my dining room, I think the match is perfect.
The girl on ebay hangs hers with jute on a nail and I tie them back with jute, The tying back is what gives the scalloped look. I hope this helps, If I can make them anyone can. Let me know how you get along or if I can help. Believe me I am no professional, just out to save money whereever I can. To be on the safe side you may want to try 3 yds. of material. And you can change the size depending on your window measurements.I love the primitive look of these curtains. I would love to see pictures if anyone else decides to make them.

Hugs,

Lecia

Here are two pictures of my curtains from ebay laying flat that may help understand my instructions.

8 comments:

Carmen S. said...

Those turned out beautiful, LOVE them!!! I'm not much of a sewer, but I just may have to try these sometime, thanks for sharing:)

Beckyjean said...

Lecia~
Great job on the curtains!! Thanks for sharing how you made them.

Hugs~Becky

prims by olde lady morgan said...

They look great! You did a great job! OLM

Anonymous said...

they are beautiful you are so talented Lecia!

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

I am still not getting it and I sew..need to see them laid out and photos taken of each step..;)

Donna said...

OK.. GF!!!! NOW TELL ME YOU ARE NOT A CRAFTER!!! LOL!! Bullpucky's you're not!! I have been a crafter for 22 years..and could never do anything as good as you have!! I can barely sew!! Theres no way I would attempt to make curtains!! I love yours Lecia!!!!You should seriously consider takeing orders.. I would order them!!! lol!!Ok Guess I'm done shakeing my finger at you..and scolding you!! lol!!At least for now!! lol!! (Wink!!) Seriously everything you make turns out beautifully!!!! All I can do with a sewing machine is make a mess!!! lol!! Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

I am a WV girl I was born and grew up in the
bonnies outside of Clarksburg /Bridgeport area
of WV.

Pamela
Mt Pleasant Michigan

Unknown said...

Absolutely awe inspiring. I love your farm home and it is just what I would imagine a nice little farm in WV would look like and it just screams warmth and comfort and welcome.
You are truly blesses and the children are the frosting on the cake.
big hugs to you
A Crow's Creek Primitives Primitive forum Gathering lady.

Jar with candle burning inside

Photobucket

Family

Family
Mom, dad and my three beautiful sisters

My Blog List

Blog Archive

About Me

It is hard to believe I have had my blog for 10 years. I am married to my sweetheart Ronnie for 40 years now. I have a son and daughter, a wonderful son in law and 4 wonderful grandchildren. I work two jobs. I am a full time school nurse at a wonderful country school and a part time hairdresser. I love all types of crafting. I love making primitive prairie bonnets, dolls, love wool applique, making wreaths and cross stitching.