Farm Chores

Farm Chores
Farm Chores, my favorite needle punch

I have recipes in these seven Gooseberry Patch cookbooks

I have recipes in these seven Gooseberry Patch cookbooks
I have recipes in these seven "Gooseberry Patch" cookbooks

Sunday, September 16, 2018

Kitchen, a long time coming

I can't believe it has been so long since I have posted. But I did want to show my remodeled kitchen. I have wanted a remodeled kitchen for years, I had this old 27inch brown stove that just wouldn't break. he he The bad thing is now stoves are approx. 30 inches. To get one to fit in the space would have cost $1500 and it would have been one with burners, I wanted a flat top stove. Well what should have been a couple weeks ended up taking almost 5 months. I got most of my things from Lowes and I will say the young man that helped me was wonderful. The problem was ordering a special counter top for the huge island. It had to be custom made and it had flaws in it 3 times. Each time it was special ordered it would take 6 weeks or longer to come in, And what a mess, I don't know if you have ever knocked out a wall, but even covering up things there was dirt and dust everywhere. I was working 2 jobs and trying to deal with this. But finally it is over and I am so proud of the finished kitchen. I will share a few pictures.My son did the remodeling work, so that makes my kitchen extra special. My poor son though, I was wanting the walls to be some sort of grey, it would either be purple looking or too light. My son painted the walls 3 times until I found the color I wanted. It is called stone harbor greige, between a grey and a beige. I love the color.  To me a lady needs a nice kitchen, the kitchen is the heart of the home. I will put some before and after photo's.















No comments:

Jar with candle burning inside

Photobucket

Family

Family
Mom, dad and my three beautiful sisters

My Blog List

Blog Archive

About Me

It is hard to believe I have had my blog for 10 years. I am married to my sweetheart Ronnie for 40 years now. I have a son and daughter, a wonderful son in law and 4 wonderful grandchildren. I work two jobs. I am a full time school nurse at a wonderful country school and a part time hairdresser. I love all types of crafting. I love making primitive prairie bonnets, dolls, love wool applique, making wreaths and cross stitching.