Farm Chores

Farm Chores
Farm Chores, my favorite needle punch

I have recipes in these seven Gooseberry Patch cookbooks

I have recipes in these seven Gooseberry Patch cookbooks
I have recipes in these seven "Gooseberry Patch" cookbooks

Saturday, November 25, 2017

Awesome Read

I was given a free book to read by Bethany House. My only requirement is to give an honest book review. I was given the book, "The Sound of Rain", by Sarah Loudin Thomas. I just love this author,
this book was totally awesome. I just couldn't put it down.
 It was dear to my heart, because I grew up in WV and also have taken family vacations to Myrtle Beach, SC.
 The story takes place in the 1950's. It centers around a young coal miner Judd Markley, who
was in a coal mining accident in which his younger brother was killed and he was badly injured.
Judd has heard that there is work in timber in SC. So he decides to go there for work.
 The other character Larkin Heyward, is a well to do girl from Myrtle Beach, SC. But has always had dreams of helping poor Appalachia children from Kentucky.
 Drawn together in the wake of Hurricane Hazel that changes Myrtle Beach forever. Will their different dreams draw them together or tear them apart?
 You will have to read the book to find out. I recommend this book highly!!! You won't be dissapointed!!

No comments:

Jar with candle burning inside

Photobucket

Family

Family
Mom, dad and my three beautiful sisters

My Blog List

Blog Archive

About Me

It is hard to believe I have had my blog for 10 years. I am married to my sweetheart Ronnie for 40 years now. I have a son and daughter, a wonderful son in law and 4 wonderful grandchildren. I work two jobs. I am a full time school nurse at a wonderful country school and a part time hairdresser. I love all types of crafting. I love making primitive prairie bonnets, dolls, love wool applique, making wreaths and cross stitching.