Christmas gatherings

Christmas gatherings

I have recipes in these six Gooseberry Patch cookbooks

I have recipes in these six Gooseberry Patch cookbooks
I have recipes in these six "Gooseberry Patch" cookbooks

farmhouse Jan.

wrap around portch

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Year long Gift!

I want to wish all of my blogger friends a Happy New Year, one of my goals this year is to learn to
needle punch, I have started a project and will show it when I am finished.
  I want to share a cute gift with you that my husband and I received from my grandchildren Cole and Riley this year. They gave us a gift bag and it is has 12 envelopes in it. One for each month of the year. I want to share the gifts we received with you.
 My husband made a deal with them that if they would take music lessons for 3 years that he
would give them each $1000. Well this Jan. is 1 year and they have stuck to it faithfully. Cole is taking piano and Riley guitar. I think Ronnie better be saving up his money.

Gift number one, January

Letter from Cole, a picture and game piece

Letter from Riley and a guitar pick


4 comments:

  1. What a darling gift! I look forward to seeing each envelope opened.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun filled gift!!!
    I think he better start saving his money too!!!
    Hope you have a Happy New Year!
    Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the most adorable thing I've ever seen Lecia, what a wonderful gift! Can't wait to see what each month will reveal. Better tell your hubby to start collecting pop bottles, he is going to have to pay up on that bet I think LOL! Wishing you and yours a very happy New Year and may the year bring you joy and good health.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the sweetest gift ever. Boy they are really looking forward to that thousand probly have all kinds of things they are daydreaming about...smile...Happy New Year ! ~Amy

    ReplyDelete

Some of my Favorite Things>>>

Some pictures taken on a week-end drive in the country in West Virginia

Email envelope

align="CENTER">Email me

Blog counter

click here

Jar with candle burning inside

Photobucket

Riley's Birthday Party

Riley's Birthday Party
Me, Ron, Riley and Cole

Me and baby Jake

Me and baby Jake
"Just what I ordered"! Rem. everytime a baby is born so is a Grandma!!

Family

Family
Mom, dad and my three beautiful sisters

Daughter Steph, Mat, Riley and Cole

Daughter Steph, Mat, Riley and Cole
What a beautiful family!

Celebrating parents 50th. Wedding anniversary

Celebrating parents 50th. Wedding anniversary
Me and my favorite granddaugher ( I only have one granddaughter!)]

Son with Applachian trail blanket

Son with Applachian trail blanket
Luke hiked the entire AT 2007, he's the man!

My Blog List

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I have been married to my sweetheart Ronnie for 30 years.We live in the beautiful shenandoah valley of Va. We have 2 beautiful children and 3 beautiful grandchildren. I am a christian, and am blessed with two wonderful jobs. I am a hairdresser and also a nurse, I am proud of my nursing degree which I got at age 47. I give the Lord much praise for this. I also enjoy primitive crafts, antiquing, cooking, reading and gardening. My husband and I bought an old farmhouse in WV five years ago and it was ancient, floor rotted out in the kitchen, no bathroom, bats flying around, mice. Scary, well now five years later we have most of it completed, working now on a roof for the wrap around porch.We sand blasted some of the walls so they would be original, we also took all the old weatherboarding off of the outside of the house, planed it and put it back on some of the inside walls. We also have added a wrap around porch. Since we have remodled the old farmhouse, that is how I came up with my blog name.